Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My cup of Joe

I wanted this blog as a way to feel connected. Connected with myself and most importantly with Luke. However, as I turned on my computer this morning with my hot, yummy cup of coffee I was overwhelmed with emotion to read all the beautiful emails that my dear friends and family had sent me. At a time when in so many ways I feel alone, I am honored to have so many people share their similar stories with me. This journey has made me realize that we all have our own life tragedies. I remember driving home from the hospital, without my son in tow, and looking over at other drivers and wishing I could be them at that very moment so that I could not feel my own pain. Of coarse in every other aspect of my life I am so truly bless but at that moment I just wanted to be someone else, someone who wasn't feeling the pain I was feeling. But the truth is, how did I know that person too wasn't in pain? We are all just a bunch of books walking around with these perfect looking covers but who really knows what kind of chapters we all might have inside. Life is not fair at times, but for me I have come to realize that we have all been here in one way or another. No, maybe you haven't lost a child but maybe you have. Or maybe you have lost someone that was so near and dear to you that to this day the pain is still so real. My point is that we are all amazing books that make up many different chapters, I just thank you all that shared a piece of your book with me today while I enjoyed my cup of Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment


What an angel looks like...