Sunday, September 20, 2009

I saw Luke...

All I could do was just stare at him. I could not believe how much he looked just like he did when he was born. As this beautiful being sat in front of me, I could not stop watching every little movement, every little detail. I will never forever how much I loved him the moment I first laid eyes on him. As he stared back at me I feel in love all over again. He was exactly as I remember him when I held him in my arms. His hands and nose were a little different, but in ever other way he was exactly the same. As I leaned in closer to him I took in a deep breath. I wanted to see if he still smelled the same way as I had remembered. It was amazing, his scent is so comforting. Just as I thought, he smells just like the hospital blanket he was wrapped in the first and only time I ever got to hold my sweet angel. The same blanket that I still sleep with every night.

He stood up and walked toward me, my heart racing because I could not believe how I could love something so much. He told me that he had to go and my heart just sank because I knew how much I would miss him. I then realized that it was going to be okay because I knew I would see him again soon and I could go right back to staring at this beautifully made creature that I loved more than anything.

As he walked toward the door, he turned around and said to me "I love you baby, I will see you tonight when I get home from work."

God was so kind when he created Luke to look just like Rob.

3 comments:

  1. *speechless* at this post. just speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah....your posts are reminders to me on how precious life truly is!

    ReplyDelete


What an angel looks like...